|Reason for vacancy:||Growth|
|Reporting to:||Head of Sales South Africa|
|Management level of role:||This is not a management role|
|Working environment & travel:||Exceptionally busy, team-orientated environment. This role will require some travel nationally. Driver’s license and own transport is essential.|
|Working hours:||07h30 – 16h00 or 08h00 to 16h30 or 08h30 to 17h00|
• Utilise strategic, proven sales methodologies to ensure that new business opportunities convert to new business software sales.
• Prepare business cases, proposals, tender responses, presentations, and sales contracts.
• Prepare a variety of sales status reports including activities, follow-ups, closings, and adherence to targets.
• Ensure that the CRM system (Salesforce) is accurately updated with all necessary information.
• Actively increase your industry knowledge to educate and create awareness within the customer environment.
• Develop and maintain excellent product knowledge and be able to sell the unique benefits of the solution.
• At times you may need to generate a qualified new business pipeline through cold-calling and other proven techniques.
• Ensure that existing client renewals are communicated timeously and processed by the due date
• Identify upsell opportunities and convert to add-on business software sales
• Ensure client is sufficiently enabled to maximize solution utilization
• Ensure client is satisfied with services received and drive improvements on areas where dissatisfied
• Effectively partner with the rest of the services team to ensure the overall teams success
• Build and strengthen client relationships to achieve long-term partnerships
• Maintain accurate client records, keeping track of any contract updates and renewals
• Work with internal teams to develop strategic marketing plans and ensure KPIs are being met
• Take inquiries and requests from customers and address their needs
• Stay on top of accounts, making sure they’re receiving services that are within their budget and meeting their needs
• Meet regularly with other members of the team to discuss progress and find new ways to improve business
• Generate progress reports to give to clients and higher-ups within the organization
Technical knowledge, skills & abilities
• Management of customer communications
• Understanding of Internal Audit and Risk Management
• Problem solving skills and ability to deal with potentially difficult clients
• Mature individual with high level of emotional intelligence.
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback
• Proficiency with common customer success and customer relationship management software, such as Salesforce
• Proven solution software sales knowledge and ability.
• Demonstrated track-record in over-achieving challenging targets within an enterprise software solution sales role.
Behavioural, soft competencies & skills
• Target-driven, dynamic and confident.
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills.
• Ability to confidently communicate with C-suite individuals.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects and clients, without “dropping-the-ball”.
• Well-spoken and presentable with exceptional presentation skills.
Education & qualifications
• Matric certificate.
• Completed Business Degree / similar is highly preferable.
Details of experience
• At least 5 years proven experience in a software solution sales role with targets consistently achieved (must be in this role currently).
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
• Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
• Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
What would make the applicant successful in the role?
• The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Be self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
• You should have an inherent desire to succeed and exceed the goals and targets you and the business have set.
• Be DRIVEN.
• Can name more than three Star Wars characters.
• Accuracy, Leadership, Results Orientation, Accountability, Humour, Integrity