The Business Development Manager is responsible for closing mid-market and enterprise new business for corporate clients in South Africa for the Diligent audit, risk, and compliance solution (the world’s leading platform in this space). As a level 2 BEE provider, SurTech is the sole provider of the platform in South Africa and the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying opportunities, nurturing relationships, and navigating the corporate procurement process to close deals to meet predetermined targets.
|Reason for vacancy:||Growth|
|Reporting to:||Head of Sales|
|Management level of role:||This is not a management role|
|Working environment & travel:||Exceptionally busy, team-orientated environment. This role will require some travel nationally. Driver’s license and own transport is essential.|
|Working hours:||07h30 – 16h00 or 08h00 to 16h30 or 08h30 to 17h00|
• Utilise strategic, proven sales methodologies to ensure that net new business opportunities convert to net new business software sales.
• Use entrepreneurial qualities to develop creative strategies to increase new business.
• Work with internal teams to develop strategic go to market plans to ensure KPIs are met.
• Prepare high quality documentation such as business cases, proposals, tender responses, sales presentations, contracts.
• Prepare a variety of sales status reports including activities, follow-ups, closings, and adherence to targets.
• Develop an expert knowledge in the full product suite to understand the market including competitor analysis.
• Understand customer needs and help develop solutions through the Company’s offerings.
• Develop and maintain excellent product knowledge and be able to sell the unique benefits of the solution.
• Prospect new leads through cold-calling and other proven techniques, to supplement the volume created by the sales development team.
• Partner with the Account Development Manager to identify upsell opportunities and convert to add-on business software sales.
• Effectively partner with the rest of the services team to ensure the overall teams success.
• Build and strengthen client relationships to achieve long-term partnerships.
• Maintain detailed client records in Salesforce and strong forecasting skills.
• Take inquiries and requests from customers and address their needs.
• Meet regularly with other members of the sales team to discuss progress and find new ways to improve business.
Technical knowledge, skills & abilities
• Management of customer communications.
• Problem solving skills and ability to deal with potentially difficult clients.
• Mature individual with high level of emotional intelligence.
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback.
• Proficiency with common customer success and customer relationship management software, such as Salesforce.
• Proven solution software sales knowledge and ability.
• Demonstrated track-record in over-achieving challenging targets within an enterprise software solution sales role.
Behavioural, soft competencies & skills
• Target-driven, dynamic, and confident.
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills.
• Ability to confidently communicate with C-suite individuals.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects and clients, without “dropping-the-ball.”
• Well-spoken and presentable with exceptional presentation skills.
Education & qualifications
• Matric certificate.
• Completed Business Degree / similar is highly preferable.
Details of experience
• At least 5 years proven experience in a software solution sales role with targets consistently achieved (must be in this role currently).
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
• Solid experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel).
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
• Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What would make the applicant successful in the role?
• The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Be self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
• You should have an inherent desire to succeed and exceed the goals and targets you and the business have set.
• Be DRIVEN.
• Can name more than three Star Wars characters.
• Accuracy, Leadership, Results Orientation, Accountability, Humour, Integrity.
We are committed to employing based solely on MERIT, irrelevant of gender, religion, or race
For more information, or any questions contact Tamsin Jatho, firstname.lastname@example.org