|Reason for vacancy:||Growth|
|Reporting to:||Sales Director|
|Management level of role:||This is not a management role|
|Working environment & travel:||Exceptionally busy, team-orientated environment. This role will require some travel nationally. Driver’s license and own transport is essential.|
|Working hours:||07h30 – 16h00 or 08h00 to 16h30 or 08h30 to 17h00|
The Presales Consultant supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the technical close component of the sales deal for the World’s #1 board application. Collaborating across the company the Presales consultant will become our subject matter expert and master the Board platform capabilities to ensure sales success.
• Develop a deep understanding of the product offering, customer need, and competitive landscape
• Present product demonstrations to clients and prospects to advance the sales cycle
• Understand and uncover the customer’s business challenges in tandem with the sales team, and then develop and articulate solutions that solve the issues to advance the sales process
• Conduct and lead technical engagements
• Manage various technical validation activities such as proof of concepts (POC’s).
• Participates in responding of RFPs/RFIs
• Interacts with prospective clients at a senior level
• Collaborate with internal teams on newly released product enhancements to transfer knowledge to sales teams
• Coordinates closely with sales and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements
• Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimise value for both the customer and the company
• Create sales tools and resources to facilitate sales demos of products for sales teams that highlight the value of board portal software for a variety of clients across Africa
Skills, knowledge, skills & abilities
• Ability to communicate a technical message with business relevance to a non-technical audience as well as a technical audience
• Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business customers or prospects
• Knowledge of board platforms is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills.
• Ability to confidently communicate with C-suite individuals.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure.
• Adept at influencing decision makers
• Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects and clients, without “dropping-the-ball.”
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, including to senior stakeholders
• Capable of preparing proposals and responses to tenders
• Experience managing proof of concept (POC) activities on customer premises.
Education & qualifications
• Matric certificate.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Secretarial qualification, preferred
Details of experience
• 2+ years’ experience in working in a pre-sales, sales, customer success or consulting role in a SaaS environment
• Ideally have exposure to Presales consulting role, with software solutions.
• Excellent presentation abilities to all levels in a business i.e., Tech/ C-level
What would make the applicant successful in the role?
• Demonstrate a passion for automating board and company secretarial processes
• Resourceful, creative, and strategic in troubleshooting problems.
• The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Be self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
• Be DRIVEN.
• Can name more than three Star Wars characters.